If you have ever thought to yourself, “I have interest in the art of making tasty and creative drinks, but I don’t like drinking alcohol,” then you’re in luck because non-alcoholic mixed beverages called mocktails have become something of a trend. In fact, this week, January 13-19, is National Mocktail Week. Founded by Marnie Rae, it’s a week to celebrate all you sober-Sallys out there who have decided to lead an alcohol-free lifestyle but still wish to dabble in a little mixology.
Recognizing the social function of alcohol, Marnie’s vision includes making the transition to sober-living smooth and exciting #sobernotboring. Mocktails can consist of a wide range of ingredients like fruit juices, drinking vinegars, herbs and spices, soda and other elements.
With help from Natalie’s Orchid Island Juices, we have put together two mocktail recipes for you to try at home and celebrate the first ever National Mocktail Week:
Ginger Peach Tea Mocktail
- 4 oz. Natalie’s Peach Green Tea
- 2-3 oz. ginger ale
- fresh or frozen peach slices
- fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- rosemary sprigs
Yields: 1 Serving
- Fill an old-fashioned glass with ice.
- Add Natalie’s Peach Green Tea and top with ginger ale.
- Garnish with peach slices, ginger slices, and rosemary.
Mango Ginger Mocktail
- 16oz. Natalie’s Orange Mango Juice
- 2 Tbsp. Freshly grated ginger
- 6-8 Fresh mint leaves
- 3 Tbsp. Honey
- 1-2 Cups of Ginger soda or ginger beer
- Gin (optional for a spiked version)
(Yields 1 Serving)
- In a large pitcher, muddle together the freshly grated ginger, mint leaves & honey.
- Add the Orange Mango juice & ginger soda, and mix.
- Pour over a glass filled with crushed ice, and garnish with edible flowers.