A-GAP Featured In
Digital Wellness with A-GAP’s Bethany Baker
Welcome to Detox for Vibrant Health, I’m your host Jessica Green, board certified integrative nutrition health coach, detoxification specialist and former sustainable building expert. This show is all about detoxing your body, mind and environment so you can have the optimum vibrant health you want. Thanks for joining me!
Today I’m joined by Bethany Baker, Executive Director of a digital wellness non-profit, called A-GAP, that provides technology-free experiences for those who want to develop a healthier relationship with their mobile devices and rediscover the power of face-to-face interaction, group activities and spiritual growth.
A-GAP is a non-profit foundation, founded by Natalie’s Orchid Island Juice Company. Founder Marygrace Sexton, CEO of Natalie’s Orchid Island Juice Company, uncovered important insights simply by living her life as a business owner, mother of two, and grandmother of one. She developed an acute sense of awareness for the adverse effects of technology on human relationships and professional performance, which awakened a desire to create a reprieve free of digital clutter.
Bethany’s work has been to make Marygrace’s vision a reality.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Why digital wellness is more important today than ever before
- Why so many are drawn to their cell phone and other personal devices
- The 4-E’s A-GAP uses to recalibrate people’s use of technology
- Bethany shares her top recommendations for improving mindfulness around technology at home
- Bethany has also provided a Free at Home Digital Detox Guide, just click this link to receive your copy!
- How to Break Up with Your Phone by Catherine Price
- Digital Minimalism by Cal Newport
- Joy of Missing Out: Finding Balance in a Wired World by Christina Crook
- 12 Ways Your Phone is Changing You by Tony Reinke
- The Business of Keepingus Hooked by Adam Alter
- Screens & Teens by KathyKoch
- The Tech-Wise Family by AndyCrouch
Learn more about A-GAP at www.agap.life and on instagram @agaplife